Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Mathew Knowles Creates Rap Radio for Kids

Beyonce's father, Mathew knowles, has created the Kids Rap Radio Series. I think this was such a wonderful idea. I visited the myspace page for Kids Rap Radio and heard the two sample songs. The first one was a kids rendition of "I Know You See" and the second one was "Why You Wanna". Basically the music is the same as the original songs, but the lyrics are much more kid friendly. I really liked "Why You Wanna". here's a snippet of the song: "You always tell Stevie no when he wanna eat snacks, now why you wanna go and do that MaMa, huh?"...I thought that was so cute, and I would rather hear my child sing that instead of the original version. Beyonce's handsome nephew, Juelz will be the spokesperson. Here's what Beyonce had to say:

"My nephew is so amazing when it comes to his natural impromptu rap performances. He's still at that innocent age, where kids unintentionally mimic everything they hear. It's up to us adults not to let children be exposed to things unsuitable for a young child. Adult music is for adults and now Kids Rap Radio is for the kids. To be so young, Juelz has a big job to fill as spokesperson for such an extraordinary concept and I know he will do a wonderful job."


Source

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry but you're a stan and it's a bit weird. i stumbled upon your blog and although i commend you for trying to become healthy, why want a body like someone else? why aspire to be like someone else? you will never look like beyonce nor will you ever have her body. and you have to know that people with money get a little help from the nip/tuck doctors when they don't reach their goals fast enough. i don't believe beyonce is the exception to the rule. all celebs would look "normal" if not for plastic surgery, trainers, dietitians, hours of hair/make-up, perfect lighting and angles. i used to be a bit obsessed with a few celebs and how nice their bodies were until i realized that i am a beautiful woman in my own right and that i should aspire to be just like i am and i love myself for it. i have lost 67 pounds on my own and feel WONDERFUL. i may not have a body like beyonce (i'm not super hippy nor do i lack in the breast department) but i am toned, slim and happy because i finally stop looking towards celebrities for inspiration and looked within and through that, i'm in the best shape of my life.

HerMind&Body said...

If you are referring to "Stan" from Eminems song, I consider that pretty funny. Yes, I am a fan of Beyonce and aspiring to have a body like her is all in fun. I know that I will never look like Beyonce,and I am okay with that. Using Beyonce as a motivation factor helps me to stay on track and even helps me to get back on track if I fall off. It's working for ME. Who knows, once I get down to my desired size, I may change the name of this blog to "A Body Better Than Beyonce's", but I bet I would REALLY hear it from people then. Again, it's all in fun. Oh, and congratulations on your weight loss :-)

Anonymous said...

Girl, let me tell you. I too stumbled upon your web page and now I have it on my yahoo page because I check it daily. Do yo thang! It is good to know that there is another sister out there trying to work on herself. I find that the information you post is both informative and useful. All I can say for the haters is, in the words of Katt Williams, just let the haters do their jobs.

Can't wait to see your results.

HerMind&Body said...

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment. Some people don't realize that different people have different ways of doing things, and I respect that. There is no ONE way of doing things, there are MANY. That's all I have to say about that. Anyway... A new picture will definitely be posted at the top of my page 1/1/07, so stay tuned and thanks again for your comment.